Friday, April 10, 2009

4.10.9

We finally dug into the Granola I made topped with Pecans and Raisins with some Yogurt as well. We also have been drinking Flax with Juice over the last several days- not sure if I had mentioned that. It is easier to drink than it sounds.

I had the fortunate of meeting up with the Denver Tweet Girls. What a lovely group of Women- I was impressed by each one and look forward to getting to know them all better.
We went to a Hacienda and upon scanning the menu realized it would be a touch challenging to come up with a dish sans dairy (what? -no cheese & sour cream!) wheat and corn. I settled on the Spicy Tacos (just ate the filling-no tortillas) which were just lovely with a huge dollop of Guacamole on the side- definitely needed a creamy accompaniment if the sour cream was not coming with my Mexican dish. The Black Beans were there as well and I really enjoyed the soupy, earthy flavors.

The evening we spent at a coffee shop dilegently getting work done on our computers with a Big Hot Cup of Rooibos. We also brought a few Cocoa-Energy Balls in my purse that we nibbled on.

By the end we were famished and we stopped by Whole Foods for a lovely piece of Salmon that Xerxes grilled up with the Red Rocks Rub from the Savory Spice Shop. I sauteed and pressure cooked some Beets, Onions, and Collard Greens. We topped the Salmon with finely chopped Mango- which was so ripe and delicious it needed no assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment