Thursday, April 9, 2009

4.9.9

This morning started with Xerxes at 5:55 saying loudly "I cannot sleep". Turns out that was the time he woke up. Surprisingly enough I was wide eyed and ready to be awake as well. We eventually made our way to the gym where I swam another satisfying mile. Which basically meant I was starving upon coming home. I sauteed up leftover vegetables Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Potatoes, and Broccoli. Add a touch of Nutritional Yeast and then dump a few beaten Eggs on top for a lovely Scramble. Xerxes made another Smoothie with Strawberries, Hemp Protein powder, and more. We are planning to explore some new smoothie flavors. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

I was full enough that I didn't require lunch well past cooking for my clients. I had a great time putting together there meals:

Pistachio Crusted Chicken with Strawberry Salsa
Filet Mignon with Leek-Cabernet Sauce and Smashed Red Potatoes with Broccolini
Citrus-Soy Glazed Salmon with Edamame-Noodle Saute

Wish I could have tasted the Filet- It smelled so good... fortunately, most of the rest was okay for me to taste.

I came home and tossed together a Tuscan White Bean Salad which is just lovely full of red bell peppers, kalamatas, toasted pine nuts, artichokes, and more. I found a small piece of leftover chicken and it completed my lunch.

After an appointment I came back ready to eat more and determined to make Energy Bars. Instead I came up with something more like Energy Balls rolled in cocoa powder. They are so amazing and we will be eating them in the days to come. We are either completely sugar deprived or I just created a new staple recipe. Xerxes came home and seeing them seemed less than impressed upon tasting one he was ecstatic. A hit!

Dinner was lovely too. I did Pistachio Crusted Chicken with Strawberry Salad and a dollop of the Tuscan White Bean Salad on the side. We both adore the Pistachio Chicken and the pairing with Strawberries is just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment