Friday, April 3, 2009

4.3.9

Late on Thursday night we decided to join our friend Kraig and his kids for a morning of skiing. Since we were not food-prepared for this we decided to treat ourselves to Cafe 13 in Golden in the morning. We enjoyed the Italian Scallion Sandwich on an Everything Bagel and a Coconut-Carrot Muffin. I also had a Ginger-Spicy Chai Tea.

The day was not my favorite weather conditions, wet heavy snow and I was a bit exhausted. Lunch came early and we split a Hot Dog with Sauerkraut (my favorite topping!) and Kraig gave us a generous slice of his Sub Sandwich. We also enjoyed a chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie and Coffee for dessert. Not the best day of ski eatin' but not the worst.

That evening we had plans to go to a Cheese & Wine event, but at the last minute as we were driving into Denver we changed our plans. Being in Denver, we ended up at Il Vicino where we shared a Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pizza and Caesar Salad. I enjoyed a LosDos Syrah and Xerxes had one of their award winning Ales.

After a lovely movie snuggled on the couch (it was a tear-jerker) Xerxes began frantically looking for dessert. Scavenging Vanilla Ice Cream from the freezer we scrapped off the freezer burn and dug in to finish it off.

There are clear signs as I write this and look at yesterday's post that we need to go shopping...
I look forward to my menu improving dramatically!

No comments:

Post a Comment