Wednesday, March 18, 2009

3.18.9

Breakfast and Lunch were uninteresting as I had pretty much the same thing as the last several days- someone remind me to go shopping, but dinner was fabulous.

Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potato & Beet Slaw

Let me know if you try it!

I do want to explain the Roast Beef Sandwiches. X and I were married this past June and we prepared most of the food for our Wedding. We did not serve the food as we have darling friends who lead the day and we of course hired servers. We simply made sure to prepare food that could be made ahead, stored and served without too much preparations.

Overall, it was a picnic theme, which included spreads and dips arranged in Mason jars so people could make their own sandwiches with a variety of Crusty Breads. X roasted Beef Tenderloin with a beautiful pink center and in the end we had so much food leftover that we had an entire hunk of Roast Beef to freeze. 7 months later we defrosted it and have now spent a week eating the most delicious Roast Beef sandwiches. In another 7 months when I am actually excited to eat another Roast Beef Sandwich X and I will make it again and post it on Bella Cuisine with pretty pictures.

Just for fun, I thought I would share some of our Wedding Menu:
Argentine Empandas from Buenos Aires Pizzeria in Denver
Homemade Butternut Squash Macaroni & Cheese
Caramelized Balsamic Strawberry Salad with Goat Cheese and Sliced Almonds
Deconstructed Greek Salad Bar
Crudite Platter with Curried Beet Dip & Yogurt Herb Dip
Sandwich Bar with Turkey, Roast Beef, Chimichurri Sauce, Horseradish Sauce, Apricot Butter, Pesto Butter and more... seriously more.

Hence the leftover Roast Beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment