Friday, March 20, 2009

3.20.9

After all that eating yesterday, this day started very slowly in the food department. Instead I met up with a friend and went to Vital Yoga for a morning class. Loved it and can't wait to go back. Afterward, my friend gave me a huge bag of citrus with the sweetest Kumquats I have ever had. So, a generous handful of those was basically breakfast.

Lunch was simply leftover Thai Panang Curry from yesterday's dinner. Xerxes came home with a leftover Cheesesteak and I will not mention where it came from because it was much less than par. Since X is from Philly the standards are high, but we do have local places where we will happily buy a Philly Cheesesteak. Good to know we will never have to buy one from this restaurant again!

Then I met up with a darling girlfriend and her baby. We met at Windy Saddle and I had the Creamiest Chai with no sugar and to balance the lack of sugar I bought one of their Berry Berry Bars and it is Very, Berry Good. I happily nursed it throughout the day.

Clearly, my hiatis from cooking is leading us on some interesting paths, so dinner was me back in the kitchen. Or so I thought, at 7pm I walked into the kitchen with intentions of Cocoa Mole Chicken with Mango Risotto but their were no actual ingredients available for that activity. Since it is still oddly light out, going to the grocery seemed logical until I noticed that Xerxes had defrosted a Sausage, Pesto & Artichoke Lasagna. Thanks babe, dinner is ready.

Sharing a bottle of Cab from Barnard Griffin was a totally appropriate way to end our week as we contemplated life and refused to get onto our computers.

Now for a picnic on Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment