Tuesday, March 31, 2009

3.31.9

For some reason I woke up famished. I was almost late to a meeting with my Detox Partner Dr. Rosen when I realized not eating would make me more grumpy then necessary.

So, I quickly threw together an Egg Sandwich with Pepper Jack Cheese- did I mention I was famished!

When I arrived at Kaycie's beautiful new home she had a gorgeous bowl of Fruit and Yogurt waiting. Still oddly hungry I was so excited to join her for my 2nd breakfast in my first hour of waking.

After our meeting, Xerxes and I met up for some Gym time. Something to know about me and Gyms- hate 'em. I find even the most lovely gyms to be sterile, hostile environments and I don't understand why one would bounce around inside with akward equipment when they could be outside playing and excercising by default. I do however enjoy Climbing Walls from time to time and the greatest exception to my avoid-the-gym rules would be the Swimming Pool. I love that gravity-defying feeling of moving through refreshing water.

While Xerxes did his work out upstairs- I hit the pool. We managed to miscommunicate our end time and I thought I had 10 minutes less to do my goal of one-mile. I was on hyper-swim speed and therefore completely wiped out by the time we left. Glazed over I was not in a position to cook, but Xerxes whipped up a Turkey-Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese. Happy.

That evening for dinner I was still quite hungry, but we went on an adventure down to Castle Rock to buy Xerxes a new Mountain Bike off of Craigslist. We had some plans of working at a coffee shop as well, but since he was able to negotiate $50 off of the bike we felt the need to celebrate.

Driving back to Golden I knew there was a Buca di Beppo off of Santa Fe and my wishes-he-was-Italian-hubby has never been. It has been almost 10 years since I was last went to one in Seattle.
Being there reminded me of what a huge fan I am of Bucas. As far as big-box restaurant chains are concerned, this is probably my favorite... although I don't really go to others beyond the occasional Red Robin. Buca di Beppo is completely unabashed about their family style portion sizes and while you cannot leave that place without overstuffing yourself (at least somewhat), they are so enthusiastic about doggie bags that the thought of another day of Italian Homestyle Meals keeps you wanting to buy several dishes just for the promise of leftovers. Despite of course the fact that two people could barely finish one side.

We enjoyed the 1/2 pound Meatballs (yes, I could only attempt half of one!) with Spaghetti and Marinara and the Lemon-Butter Green Beans which were so perfectly el dente I would have been happy just chewing on those for the whole meal. I topped dinner off with a Basil Mojito (remember we were celebrating) but it was a bit on the gaggy sweet side. It was nothing like the amazing Orange-Basil Mojitos Xerxes makes-- hint, hint!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment