Sunday, March 22, 2009

3.22.9 Leftover day

So I am a huge fan of leftover pizza for breakfast. Cold and delicious, it reminds me of ski trips as a little kid. In the back of our big Suburban with skis, poles and clothes surrounding me, it was such a happy breakfast. Last night's Mannie & Bo's Hawaiian Pizza served the perfect source to rekindle those memories.

For lunch, we went to the gym. Swam a mile. It was the first time I actually "recorded" that I was swimming a mile, so it was very exciting. I was sooo hungry and Xerxes warmed up more pizza and leftover lasagna.

Deciding we were too distracted by Twitter we headed out to Borders were Wifi does not exist and I was able to finish up work for the clients I have over the next two days. While there I enjoyed my most favorite Vanilla Red Tea Latte sans the weird syrups with whipped cream instead-- oh happy afternoon!

After coming home, I finally got my butt back into the kitchen and whipped up Cocoa Mole Chicken with Mango Risotto and Sauteed Kale. I have been dreaming of this dish for the last week or two. We had a delicious Mango Risotto at Le Central in Denver and I have been wanting to make it ever since. My risotto needed a bit more Mango, but that shouldn't been a problem next time. The Mole was simple and complicated all at the same time, but considering I have never made either dish it came together in about an hour, so not bad. I can't wait to post the recipe and take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment