Tuesday, March 24, 2009

3.24.9

Another day of cooking, which started with me trying my best to eat Xerxes's cereal. I actually don't really enjoy cereal, but when someone else (namely X) puts together a lovely bowl of Heritage Flakes, Raisins, Walnuts, Almonds, and more... my lips quiver and I sit looking intently at him until he pushes the bowl my way. He then watches me carefully to ensure I don't take too many raisins or any of the "good stuff".

I am very good... but I usually want more than one bite, which is not so good in his eyes.

He gave up asking me to make my own bowl. I don't want my own cereal I want his. I realize it makes little sense, but really I just don't like cereal. I like his cereal. I am preparing him for children. He's screwed.

After that ordeal, I ran off to Sunflower Market and Whole Foods to get all the goods for my clients. They requested the following, which I always have to taste my way through the day. Please note, they only do poultry & fish and they love risotto:

Wild Mushroom Soup (morels, criminis, lobster shrooms, portabellos, and more) with Sage-Chicken Meatballs

Cobb Salad with Turkey Bacon, Roquefort, Chicken, Boiled Egg, Tomatoes, Balsamic Vinaigrette


Cocao Mole Chicken with Mango Risotto


Zesty Fish Tacos with Spicy Mango Salsa and Chipotle Cream Sauce


Orange Roasted Chicken with Leek & Pea Risotto


For lunch I had a Quesadilla with Shredded Chicken & Cheese

For Dinner we finished the day with Fiery Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry with Blood Oranges over this teeny-tiny rice that I am madly in love with called Kalijira. Also, I want to say that brown rice is a dream to make in the pressure cooker. This particular itty-bitty brown micro-grains took about 8 minutes. Dinner was on the table in about 15 minutes.

Oh happy day! And I am currently topping it all off with a little Guinness and 4 bites of Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce and Pecans

2 comments:

  1. Lilly, this is fantastic. You are such a kitchen goddess. I have to tell you, we don't have a lot of time to cook anything special these days, but two weekends ago, we rented Roman Holiday, went to Whole Foods (a treat for us) and made hand-rolled pasta while we watched the film, which we then served with a Sicilian spicy eggplant and tomato sauce with fresh ricotta and basil and a bottle of chianti...and finished with this awesome and really healthy rustic kind of Italian bread pudding thing...dried figs, sultanas, polenta in it...whipped some of the ricotta with some sugar as a topping...and nip of my mom's homemade limoncello...it was a great date night! I only wish I could do it every day--like you do! Glad to see you are loving your work/life!! xxoo, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. The recipes are from Jamie Oliver's Italy

    ReplyDelete