Monday, March 30, 2009

3.30.9

After our big ski weekend I was more exhausted on Monday than normal. Which of course didn't excuse me from cooking.

I prepared a fun day's worth of food for my clients:
Chicken Pot Pie
Raspberry Chicken with Creamy Gorgonzola Broccoli
Lemon Chicken Scallopini with Artichokes & Mushrooms and Scalloped Potatoes
Shredded Chicken Tacos with Chipotle Crema, Avocado, Tomatoes, Black Olives, Lettuce.... etc

Since we were out of bread or any way to make lunch I picked up a Cranberry Tuna Sandwich while shopping at Whole Foods. Now, I need to complain a bit. It was sweet. I realize it had cranberries in it, but it was sweeter than that. I doubt they made it with Miracle Whip, but it had a similar underlining flavor that just wouldn't go away. And the ratio of bread to filling was terrible. I had huge pieces of bread flopping around the edges longing for a companion. I am normally very happy with Whole Foods sandwiches as a quick lunch, but this was quite a disappointment. Note to self: Avoid Cranberry Tuna Sandwiches in the future.

Thankfully, Xerxes's Brownies from the night before rescued me and kept me from food depression.

For dinner, we hodge podged our food together and ended up with Bread, Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar and a rather crazy salad of Grapefruit, Avocados, Spring Greens, Sliced Almonds, Jalapeno Olives, and Garbonzo Beans. It was a bit different, but the vegetables were satisfyingly necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment