Thursday, March 19, 2009

3.19.9

Today was quite an eating day... as Xerxes calls it "Celebrate Us Day!" a bit of a mid-week half day off and we were sooo busy with all the fun that we had to eat out every meal. :)

The day started at 6am and I insisted on Cafe 13 in Golden. Our sweet barista recommended the Vegetable Frittata and I happily enjoyed it with my favorite Cafe au Lait.

We then headed to the slopes for a few hours of skiing in Breckenridge. X previous worked at Breckenridge Brewery in Tuscan, AZ and he has been wanting to take me there. We shared a Burger with Guacamole, Jalapenos, and Pepper Jack Cheese with Mashed Potatoes & Coleslaw
We also shared a Pandora Bock. Overall I am glad to finally experience one of the many places where he was a chef. Next time sweetie, I want to try those nachos you kept talking about! Or those Fish & Chips that walked past our table. And the beer sampler- oh my!

We came home (very sleepy, long drive) and made my Thai Winter Rolls which I paired with a Mild Peanut Sauce for an small event with business friends at the Seven Cups Tea House in Denver. I broke my no caffeine after 2pm rule and had a delicious Yellow Tea. I was happily bouncing off the walls for the rest of the evening-- although somewhat productive as one could imagine!

For dinner, X was tired and I was too restless and twitter obsessed to cook so we decided to veg out in front of hulu with a lil' thai food. Okay- I wanted Thai, X wanted Chinese so we picked up take out from New Panda. I chose the Thai Panang Curry and X chose the Orange Chicken. There are other dishes I love from there more, but our favorite features are the brown rice, the Chinese/Thai compromise and they happily add extra veggies whenever we ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment